Sometimes it can be hard to get to know the little things about people through conversations. I’m talking about those moments when you look to a friend you’ve known for years and say, “Really? I had no idea!” It’s been a great time with the ladies during Season 4 and there were not just a few moments when these little facts came up about each other that surprised us and kept us laughing.
Here are 5 things you might not have known about me:
- I have a few favourite movies, including “The Last of the Mohicans”, “Aliens” (the second installation), “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back”, “Top Gun”, “Indiana Jones” (I actually like the original trilogy), “Schindler’s List”, and a few from the Korean Historical Drama genre but my all time favourite is Ridley Scott’s “Gladiator”.
- I enjoy, as a hobby, sketching and, when I get the time, painting with acrylics. Oils seems to take forever to dry and I just don’t think I very good at water-colours.
- I have studied some dead languages like Akkadian and Ugaritic. It was a very interesting study but there were just others who were much more brilliant at it than I was.
- I have never been to Ireland or Scotland but would love to visit both one day. I know I don’t have any heritage there so I can’t easily explain where this interest came from except perhaps that it was from studying history. I know that Ireland has some beautiful monasteries that focused on the transmission and preservation of Scripture.
- Somebody once asked me, seriously, if my last name was spelled “Paques” and if I had indigenous heritage. I can confidently say that I do not have any indigenous heritage, both my parents immigrated from Korea and I’m certain that if I were to ever do a DNA analysis of my heritage, it would be of the far east.