Your privacy is important to us. Crossroads Christian Communications Inc. (CCCI), Crossroads Family of Ministries and associated programs and events have always been and are still committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of its partners, callers, employees, supporters and associated parties. We value the trust of those we deal with, and of the public, and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information that users choose to share with us.
This policy describes how the personal information of users is collected, shared, and used when users interact with this website, as well as other websites and applications we own and operate.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information using logs, device information, form submissions, cookies, and tag managers (including “web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels”) to learn how users browse the website.
When users visit our website, our servers may automatically log standard data provided by your web browser. This data includes information such as your computer’s IP address, browser version, the pages and products visited, the time zone, time and date, the time spent on each page, and the websites or search terms that referred users to the website.
We may collect data about the device a user access our website with. This data includes the device platform, type, operating system, device settings, and geo-location data. The data collected depends on the individual settings of the device and software.
When a user fills out a contact form, participate in a chat, makes (or attempts to make) a purchase, or donation through the Site, we collect certain information from users, which may include name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Form Submissions”.
ONLINE PRIVACY FOR CHILDREN
We never knowingly collect or maintain information on our website from visitors we know are under the age of 13.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
We process personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about our users only where we have legal bases for doing so.
These legal bases depend on the services used, meaning we collect and use user data only where:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the user is a party or to take steps at their request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a requested service);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by the user’s data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- the user give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, the user might consent to us sending a newsletter); or
- we need to process user data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where the user consents to our use of information for a specific purpose, the user has the right to change their mind at any time (not affecting any processing that has already taken place).
While we retain personal information, we protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss, theft, unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, or modification. It is a commonly understood fact that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and as such we cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary we may retain the personal information of users for compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect the vital interests of users, or the vital interests of another natural person.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
We may collect, store, use, and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to fulfill any orders, or subscriptions placed through our website
- to screen orders for potential risk or fraud
- to enable a user to customise or personalise their experience of our website;
- to enable a user to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with the user;
- for internal records, and administration;
- for analytics, market research, business development. This includes the operation and improvement of our website, associated applications and social media platforms;
- to hold competitions or offer additional benefits to users;
- when in line with the preferences a user has shared with us, for marketing and advertising, including to send promotional information about products, services, and information about 3rd parties that we consider to be of interest;
- to comply with legal obligations, or resolve any disputes that we may have;
- to consider an application of a user, for example a job application
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH 3rd PARTIES
We may disclose personal information for various reasons:
- with our employees, volunteers, contractors, and related entities;
- with 3rd party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide services, including (without limitation) IT services, data storage, hosting providers, advertising networks, analytics, debuggers, debt collection, maintenance providers, marketing and advertising providers, professional advisors, and payment gateways, data collection and processing services;
- with sponsors or promoters of competitions or events we operate;
- with 3rd parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing;
- with credit agencies, courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities in the event the user fails to pay for goods or services we have provided;
- with courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- with law enforcement and first responders if any of our employees, contractors, volunteers deem, or if the user reveals themselves to be: a danger to self, a danger to others, or has been involved in the neglect or abuse of minors;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use Personal Information to provide users with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe to be of interest to respective users. For more information about how targeted advertising works, users can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Additionally, users can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info.
USER RIGHTS AND PERSONAL INFORMATION CONTROL
Personal information we collect is stored and processed in Canada, or where we or our partners, affiliates and 3rd-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with personal information, users consent to the disclosure to these overseas 3rd parties.
Residents of the EU have the legal right to access personal information we hold about them individually, and the right to ask that their personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. We offer these services to all of our users. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
USER CHOICE AND CONSENT
DATA FROM 3RD PARTIES
RESTRICTION OF DATA
Users may choose to restrict the collection or use of personal information. If the user has previously agreed to our use of personal information for direct marketing purposes, they may change their mind at any time by contacting us. Users asking us to restrict or limit how we process their personal information will be informed how the restriction affects use of our website, products and services.
ACCESS AND DATA PORTABILITY
Users may request details of the personal information that we hold about them. Users may request a copy of the personal information we hold about them. Where possible, we will provide this information in a common, easily readable file format. Users may request that we erase the personal information we hold about them at any time. Users may also request that we transfer this personal information to another 3rd party.
Users who believes that information we hold about them is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading are asked to please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information.
NOTIFICATION OF DATA BREACHES
We will comply with applicable laws in respect to any data breach.
Users who believe we have breached a relevant data protection law and would like to make a complaint please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details. We will investigate the complaint and respond in writing, sharing the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take accordingly. These users also have the right to contact any relevant regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to the complaint.
To unsubscribe from our respective email databases, or opt-out of communications, please contact us using the unsubscribe links in the source communication, or using the details below.
OUR COMMITMENT TO USERS
As Christians we take love seriously. In the passage on the greatest commandment (found in Matthew 22:36-40) Jesus says You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment.And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. We will honour God and our users by always seeking to do the right thing.
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy we would include data among the assets transferred to the parties who acquire us. Users acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
LIMITS OF OUR POLICIES
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
1295 North Service Road
PO Box 5100
Burlington, ON L7R 4M2
24/7 Prayer Lines 1-866-273-4444
Partner Inquiries: 1-800-265-3100
Product Orders: 1-800-265-3100
Local Switchboard: 1-905-335-7100
General inbox: email@example.com
Last updated May 1, 2019.